You won’t want to miss the Marin Theatre Company’s rendition of Shakespeare in Love, directed by Jasson Minadakis. Enjoy a night of entertainment with this romantic comedy set in London in the late 16th century. The plot revolves around a young, struggling William Shakespeare as he falls in love with his dream woman. His experiences lead him to find the inspiration to write his masterpiece, Romeo and Juliet.
November 24 – December 17
Tuesday – Sunday, 7:30pm
Sunday (Preview), November 26, 4pm
Thursday (Perspectives), December 7, 1pm
Saturday, December 2 & 16, 2pm
Sunday, December 3, 10 & 17, 2pm
Tickets $22 – $60
Discounts for seniors, teens, military families, Marin County teachers and groups of 7 or more are available. Contact the Box Office for more details.
MTC ENGAGEMENT EVENTS
– Pre-Show Discussions: Join members of MTC’s artistic staff and cast of the show to discuss the play, playwright and play’s themes on Wednesdays before the 7:30pm performances.
– After Words: Join a member of MTC’s artistic staff (often with one or more members of the cast) for a Q&A talkback after every performance, except Saturday evenings and Opening and Closing Nights.
– Perspectives: The third Thursday of each show is the Perspectives matinee performance which includes a pre-show topical lecture. For Shakespeare in Love, the Perspectives matinee is scheduled for Thursday, December 7, 2017 with the pre-show lecture beginning at 12:30pm, and the performance beginning at 1:00pm.
– MTC After Hours: Following the 7:30pm performance on Saturday, December 9, join members of the audience and cast in the lobby to continue the conversation. Featuring music and drink specials.
– Window on the Work: Join members of MTC’s artistic staff and cast of the show to discuss artistic and production elements of MTC’s production of the play on Thursday, November 14 at the Mill Valley Public Library.